Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Organization: Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Edina
Job Description: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Dates: Starting summer 2017
Reports to: Associate Pastor
General Nature of Work:
The Coordinator of Children’s Ministry shall provide leadership for developing and implementing a Christ-centered ministry for children from birth through 5th grade (and their parents) in order for them to grow spiritual and connect their faith to their daily lives.
Part-time: Approximately 20-25 hours per week includes Wednesdays and Sundays. We have a growing number of young children in our congregation, especially between birth and 6 years old, our hope is for this position to grow along with our children.
- A committed Christian who is able to share (and teach) the Christian (Lutheran) faith with children and their parents in a way that is lively and relevant.
- Enthusiastic commitment to involvement with children and their parents in a wide range of educational, fellowship and service activities, and able to infuse these activities with a sense of Christian community and the mission of the church.
- Leadership skills: approachable, creative, able to inspire children and adults.
- Organizational skills: time management, delegation, long-range planning,
- Volunteer management skills: recruiting, training, and supporting.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, council, parents, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated: must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of children’s spiritual and personal development.
- Knowledge of music and a willingness to lead singing for our kids’ choir.
- A person of high integrity and standards.
- Work with the Associate Pastor to plan, develop, coordinate, and evaluate activities and programs that promote spiritual growth and meaningful relationships among children and their parents (birth to 5th grade):
- WAM (worship, art and music)-
- Vacation Bible School
- Christmas Program
- Service Events
- Fellowship Events
- Early Childhood Events with parents and children
- Recruit, train, and support adult leaders who will assist in leading activities and programs, and who will be positive role models for children (and their parents).
- Maintain effective means for publicizing and promoting programs (through our newsletter, website and Facebook page) and activities for children (and their parents) in the congregation and in the community.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings.
Candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Pastor Joanna Mitchell via email or standard letter.
For more information:
Pastor Joanna Mitchell
500 Blake Road
Edina, MN 55343